About Purewater Roof Cleaning
Moss, lichen and algae will stick to your roof tiles, and like any other plant it will grow. This will cause the tiles to become porous, and potentially succumb to frost damage in the winter. Freezing water causes expansion which leads to the porous tile “blowing open” – just like putting a cola bottle into your freezer.
Moss between and under the tiles will also expand when frozen, causing movement. Weakened tiles are also brittle, so movement can cause them to fracture quite easily causing potential leaks.
With a heavy downpour of rain, moss growing on the roof can dislodge falling into your guttering, restricting the flow of water and blocking down pipes and drains. Rain water from overflowing gutters can get into the eaves causing damp and mold, and the soffits can also rot.
Your roof is the most important part of your home to maintain because it’s most exposes to the elements. Many Housing Associations and Local Authorities have introduced roof cleaning as part of their general maintenance programmes. If you want to keep your roof in good order, then keeping it clean is essential.
Roof Cleaning – the 2-Step Process
- Your entire roof will be professionally cleaned to remove all moss, lichen and algae.
- Once the roof it clean, we carry out any remedial work required to completely restore your roof. This might include replacing damaged tiles with like-for-like replacements, re-pointing ridge tiles or repairing chimneys.
- We apply an anti-fungal treatment to the entire roof which kills the micro roots and lichen which grows into the pores of the tile. Without this treatment, you’d have to apply excessive pressure to clean the tile. We don’t use high pressure jets or walk directly on your roof, which could damage the tiles.
- We apply two coats of 100% acrylic, fungicidal quality, waterproof coating.
- Your roof will not only be cleaned, but totally restored and protected for many years to come.
RENOTEC® Roof Coating – 10 Year Manufacturer’s Guarantee
Germany is known for its innovation, performance technologies and high quality products. We’re proud to use RENOTEC®, which is the leading roof coating product in Germany and is engineered to improve roofs to resist weather influences caused by rain, frost and sun.
- Organic Formula – RENOTEC® is based on a special organic 100% acrylic formula (free of APEO) and contains specially selected pigments.
- Specially Selected Pigments – This improves the look of the roof and helps to maintain and preserve the roof for many years to come. RENOTEC® is very resistant to UV degradation.
- Water Repellent – This improves and prevents the loss of structural strength in the roof tiles. If this is not done properly it can lead to salt efflorescence and frost damage. RENOTEC® will create a water repellent (Hydrophobic) surface and protect the roof tiles from ingress of water, while the surface remains permeable to water vapour.
- Roof Coating With Excellent Properties – The RENOTEC® roof coating is scientifically developed by specialist engineers who have more than 30 years experience in developing high quality protective coatings for the roofing industry. Treatments with RENOTEC® roof coating will extend the lifetime of the roof tiles and will eliminate further surface erosion.
- 10 Year Manufacturer’s Guarantee – RENOTEC® is backed by a 10 year manufacturer’s guarantee. After 10 years, if your roof shows signs of becoming dirty again, we can perform a maintenance operation. This involves simply wiping the tiles down, and it will look as good as new again!
Available in the following colours:
For advice or a free, no-obligation roof cleaning & restoration quotation, contact us